Tuesday, November 10, 2009

It occurs to me that a reflection of my life and thoughts can be glimpsed upon by the links I have saved in my Favorites Folder.

I rely on my computer's Favorites Folder as much as I rely on another lifeline - search engines. I spend most of my time at the computer by accessing one or the other.

It terrifies my very psyche when I allow my thoughts to wander, and I imagine disaster happening - no longer having access to my carefully nurtured File. I imagine accidentally deleting this very-much-alive, breathing organism. I imagine my troubled conscience laboring with the knowledge that I am responsible for a death.  I imagine the frustration of having no divine powers that can ever bring it back to existance. I know that this loss would be something that I would one hundred percent have to own, that it would be the result of my own poor decisions and carelessness. I know that I would mourn the loss of this soulful confidante and helper, much as I have felt that loss of beloved souls so many times before.

I imagine and also know these feelings, because in fact I HAVE committed this involuntary manslaughter.  TWICE.

From Einstein:  " Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."  I just love that guy!  I wish we could have hung out.  This quote is a basic truth to every thinking brain.  A certified genius has quantified this commonsense premise into a simple statement that my brain has finally paused for a moment and allowed entrance.   

I am remiss for not acting upon that persistant voice which has been urging me to create a web presence, a presence that would encompass most of those Favorites Folder bits of information that I devote a great deal of my brain and emotional life to.  This presence would be a physical manifestation of those thoughts and concerns that have been formerly manifested as nothing more than a textual list.  This presence would be my starting point every time that I visit the world wibe web.  This presence would serve as my reference point when I am feeling reflective and want to look back at my state of mind in previous moments.




How wondrous is the physical manifestation of the Information Age we know as our computer!  How could one not be in awe of the infinite accessibility and knowledge that this Age has provided to us at our very fingertips.  This "being", this opportunity has never before been available to mankind.  This gift is too wonderful for words.  Hell yeah, right on!   Even the least of us can have a part in changing the world in a way in which we could never have imagined before.  The world is literally our audience. 

In contributing to this magnificent "being", it is entirely our own choice to be helpful, to be harmful, or to be indifferent.  Many will be a combination of those things.  In whatever form we choose to represent ourselves or contribute, we are sharing in the creation and evolution of this mighty "being".

Words cannot describe my gratitude for the thought provoking knowledge and the companionship the world wide web has provided me.  It has changed me.  Written word and wisdom and wondrous souls are available to me in a way that could never have been realized in any other Age of human existance.  I cannot help feeling that this Age is a turning point in the human story.  That our actions now have the capability of improving or destroying the human story, perhaps even our very existance.  Through the world wide web I have found persons and wisdom and knowledge that I would otherwise not have experienced in my day-to-day physical life.  It has made me rethink my emotional makeup as well, causing me to intellectually acknowledege and improve upon my anger and misunderstanding.  It has made me a better person.

So here I am, talking to myself again.  Welcome from the bottom of heart to anyone who has stumbled upon my small presence, and thank you so much for your companionship.

Blah, blah, blah. 

Therefore, I shall...

Rock On.

No comments:

Post a Comment